"Real education means to inspire people to live more abundantly, to learn to begin with life as they find it and make it better."
– Carter G. Woodson
We believe that education is life. College isn't about accumulating knowledge for future use. It's about helping students discover their own brilliance and using it to "begin with life as they find it and make it better."
That's where we come in. Scholars Studio helps students discover their brilliance and prepare to achieve their dreams. Here's how it works:
- Students enroll in a "studio that generally consists of 2-4 courses, plus 1-3 traditional courses not associated with the studio.
- Courses are linked through a project, topic or theme. Professors in one class may pick up on a discussion from another class, or all classes in the studio may explore different aspects of a similar topic. Integrating courses helps students see how disciplines are related.
- Courses in the studio provide an academically challenging curriculum. Faculty teach the same material that they would in a traditional course; however, they may rearrange, supplement, or approach the curriculum from a different angle. Scholars Studio partners with faculty who are committed to student success.
- Students participate in co-curricular activities, which include off-campus trips and visits with professionals.
- Students are valued members of the community. They are provided opportunities to work together in class and encouraged to support one another outside the classroom.
Interested in learning more about our Fall 2018 communities? Check out our Studios here.