Academics and Support
We will post information about summer courses soon. Please check back often.
Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring
Supplemental Instructors (SIs)/Tutors are college students or recent graduates with a record of outstanding academic performance. A minimum of one SI is assigned to each course. SIs attend class and provide group and individual sessions at scheduled times throughout the day.
To provide context for learning and offer students an opportunity to explore their roots, Bulldog Scholars Academy offers off-campus and on-campus experiences connected to the curriculum. Potential activities include:
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad tour, Cambridge, Maryland
- Trail of Enslaved Africans living history tour, Richmond, Virginia
- Harpers Ferry Tour, West Virginia
- Star gazing at an astronomical observatory
- Library of Congress tour, Washington, D.C.
- On-campus meetings with accomplished professionals