Work for Bulldog Scholars Academy
Thank you for your interest in Bulldog Scholars Academy employment opportunities.
We are offering information sessions on the following days. Please sign up here. Consideration for employment is not contingent upon attending; however, we strongly recommend that interested applicants join us to learn about the application process and job expectations.
- Tuesday, February 5th, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 6th, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 11th, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21st, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
Applicants who register online will receive email updates.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2019. We recommend that you submit all materials well in advance of the deadline. Late applications will not be considered. All applications must be submitted electronically. The application will be available soon.
A select number of applicants will be invited to group interviews. Those who are not selected for further consideration will be notified by email no later than March 8th.
Group interviews are by invitation only and will be held at the following times:
- Monday, March 11th, 9:00 am-10:30 am
- Monday, March 11th, 5:00 pm-6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 12th, 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 13th, 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- Thursday, March 14th, 11:00 am-12:30 pm
- Friday, March 15th, 9:00 am-10:30 am
- Friday, March 15th, 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
Individual Interviews will be held during the week of March 25-29
Other Important Dates
- April 5th: Employment offers extended
- May 4th: Employees complete background check
- May 4th, 10:00 am-4:00 pm: Staff planning intensive
- June 3rd-14th (3 days/week): Supplemental Instructor training
- Week of June 17th: Staff training
- June 24th-August 6th: Bulldog Scholars Academy in session. Due to the nature of the position, all employees must have 100% availability during this time period. Staff are not permitted to take classes, vacation, or work a second job.
All positions are residential. Residency begins June 17th and extends through August 6th. Employees receive a stipend plus free room and board.
Job Descriptions and Minimum Requirements
We are currently hiring:
- Math Supplemental Instructors/Tutors
- FRSE/Critical Reading and Inquiry Supplemental Instructors/Tutors
- Supplemental Instruction Manager
- Resident Mentors
- Senior Mentors
- Resident Director
- Administrative Coordinator
- Research and Assessment Assistant
***Please note, credit accumulation requirements are based on summer 2019 status. Applicants who expect to have 30 credits by the end of the spring term are eligible to apply for tutoring positions. Likewise, applicants who expect to earn 50 credits by the end of the spring 2019 term are eligible to apply for mentoring positions. GPA requirements are based on fall 2018 grades.***